Welcome to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series!
The Utah State Triathlon Championship Series (USTC) is a triathlon racing series designed to encourage healthy competition, promote youth athletes, and determine who Utah’s best triathletes are, while encouraging all athletes, young and old, novice and experienced, to come and enjoy the highest quality races at the best venues in the great State of Utah.
Individual Championship Series:
Every time you participate in a TriUtah Triathlon (excluding Woman of Steel), you will earn the opportunity to be crowned age group champion or overall champion at the State Championship. Simply compete in two TriUtah events and you are qualified to race in the Championship. Please note, there is NO relay championship in 2015.
Why race in the championship? Because in 2015, the championship qualifiers will receive amazing prizes, merchandise, and bragging rights!
NEW in 2015! Overall male and female champions will receive prize money. See event site for details coming soon.
Division Champions will receive merchandise from our sponsors.
How does the Individual Points Series Work?
To qualify, all you have to do is race in at least 2 TriUtah events, plus the Championship. We will tally your total points earned and divide them by the number or races you participated in, giving you your total points. Those with the highest point totals win!
Each time you race in a TriUtah points race, you receive points based on your performance as follows:
Overall Winners from 1st thru 10th place receive the following additional points.
- 1st place – 1000 points
- 2nd place -9000 points
- 3rd place – 8000 points
- 4th place – 7000 points
- 5th place – 6000 points
- 6th place – 5000 points
- 7th place – 4000 points
- 8th place – 3000 points
- 9th place – 2000 points
- 10th place – 1000 points
Age Group Winners from 1st – 5th place receive the following additional points:
- 1st place – 100 points
- 2nd place – 90 points
- 3rd place – 80 points
- 4th place – 70 points
- 5th place – 60 points
- 6th place – 50 points
- 7rd place – 40 points
- 8th place – 30 points
- 9th place – 20 points
- 10th place – 10 points
NEW FOR 2015! The Club Championships Series!
In 2015, we invite and challenge all clubs to participate in the TriUtah Utah State Triathlon Championship Series! We will be offering the TriUtah Club Cup to be given to the winning club at each race! This is a traveling cup and will stay with the club who wins on any given day. We will then award the cup for keeps to the club who wins at the championship race with the most points!
Club Points are the following per event:
- 1st place – 1,000,000 points!
- 2nd place – 8,000,000 points!
- 3rd place – 6,000,000 points!
Basic Rules to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series
- To qualify to reach the podium at the TriUtah USTC Series, you must compete in at least 3 of the race series events(2 season races, plus the championship). Qualifiing races are:
- Ghost Town Spring Triathlon
- Echo Triathlon
- East Canyon Triathlon
- Jordanelle Triathlon
- NEW Super Sprint
- Utah State Triathlon Championships
- Anyone can participate in the Utah State Triathlon Championship in Ogden, Utah. However, if you do not complete the qualifying process by participating in at least two (2) series events prior to the championship race, you will not be eligible for the podium or rankings.
- The USTC series of events consist of 1) Endurance distance 1.5 mile swim, 48 mile bike, 10 mile run 2) Intermediate distance (1 mile swim, 33 mile bike, 6 mile run, and 3) Sprint distance- 800 yard swim, 18 mile bike, 3 mile run
- Overall 1st thru 5th place are NOT eligible for age-group championships.
What to expect at the championship race!
Every participant will receive:
- a sweet USTC series T-shirt
- finisher medal
- catered BBQ from Huntsville BBQ company
- loads of amazing gifts from our partners
Overall Winners will receive award plaques & merchandise 1 -10th place
Overall 1st through 3rd place will receive Cash awards.
Age Group winners will receive award plaques 1st – 5th place.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org