Welcome to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series!
The Utah State Triathlon Championship Series (USTC) is a triathlon racing points series designed to encourage healthy competition, promote youth athletes, and determine who Utah’s best triathletes are, while encouraging all athletes, young and old, novice and experienced, to come and enjoy the highest quality races at the best venues in the great State of Utah.
CLICK HERE for POINTS STANDINGS (updated September 9th, 2014)
NEW Points Ranking System!
Every time you participate in a TriUtah Triathlon (excluding Woman of Steel), you will be ranked via a simple points system based on your results on an overall scale and in your age division. For example, if you placed 1st overall, you would receive 500 points. If you placed 500th overall, you would receive 1 point.
Age Group Points – When you place 1st in your division, you receive 10 points toward the championship. 2nd – 7 points, 3rd – 4 points, 4th – 1 point.
Club Championships Series:
We are also offering a club championship. This is simply a participatory championship. Those clubs with the most participants throughout the year will receive the Club Championship Trophy.
Basic Rules to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series
- To qualify to reach the podium at the USTC Series, you must compete in at least 3 of the race series events at the same distance (2 season races, plus the championship). They are:
- Ghost Town Spring Triathlon
- Green River Rampage Triathlon
- Echo Triathlon
- East Canyon Triathlon
- Jordanelle Triathlon
- Utah State Triathlon Championships
- Anyone can participate in the Utah State Triathlon Championship in Ogden, Utah. However, if you do not complete the qualifying process by participating in at least two (2) series events prior to the championship race, you will not be eligible for the podium or rankings.
- The USTC series of events consist of 1) Endurance “half” distance** (1.2mi swim, 56 bike, 13.1mi run, 2) Olympic distance and 3) Sprint distance
- The individuals with the most per race average points score wins!
- Overall 1st thru 5th place are NOT eligible for age-group championships.
*because TriUtah hosts only one half distance race, anyone who participates is automatically entered into the “Endurance Half Championship” (name tba)
What to expect at the championship race!
Every participant will receive:
- a sweet USTC series T-shirt
- finisher medal
- free dinner at post race banquet and awards ceremony
- loads of amazing gifts from our partners
Overall 1st place winners will additionally receive cash prizes and merchandise from our sponsors and their name posted on the traveling Utah State Triathlon Championship Series Trophy, which will travel to every TriUtah race, camp, clinic, etc.
Overall & Age Group winners will receive award plaques 1st – 3rd place.