Welcome to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series!
The Utah State Triathlon Championship Series (USTC) is a triathlon racing points series designed to encourage healthy competition, promote youth athletes, and determine who Utah’s best triathletes are, while encouraging all athletes, young and old, novice and experienced, to come and enjoy the highest quality races at the best venues in the great State of Utah.
NEW Points Ranking System!
Every time you participate in a USTC Series race, you will be ranked via a simple points system based on your results on an overall scale and in your age division. For example, if you placed 1st overall, you would receive 500 points. If you placed 500th overall, you would receive 1 point.
Club Championships Series:
We are also offering a club championship. This is simply a participatory championship. Those clubs with the most participants throughout the year will receive the Club Championship Trophy.
Basic Rules to the USTC Series
- To qualify to reach the podium at the USTC Series, you must compete in at least 3 of the race series events (2 season races, plus the championship). They are:
- Ghost Town Spring Triathlon
- Green River Rampage Triathlon
- Echo Triathlon
- East Canyon Triathlon
- Jordanelle Triathlon
- Utah State Triathlon Championships
*In 2014, those who pre-registered before the February 1st announcement, will be able to participate without the qualification requirements.
- RACES WITH EXTRA POINTS! The Ghost Town Sprint Tri, the Green River Rampage Tri, and the East Canyon Tri are special qualifiers, which means they offer a 25% multiplier, which means instead of receiving 500 points if you placed 1st overall, you will receive 625 points, and so on.
- Anyone can participate in the Utah State Triathlon Championship in Ogden, Utah. However, if you do not complete the qualifying process by participating in at least two (2) series events prior to the championship race, you will not be eligible for the podium or rankings.
- The USTC series of events consist of 1) Endurance “half” distance** (1.2mi swim, 56 bike, 13.1mi run, 2) Olympic distance and 3) Sprint distance
*because TriUtah hosts only one half distance race, anyone who participates is automatically entered into the “Endurance Half Championship” (name tba)
What to expect at the championship race!
Every participant will receive:
- a sweet USTC series T-shirt
- sweet patch for your gear bag
- finisher medal
- free dinner at post race banquet and awards ceremony
- loads of amazing gifts from our partners
Overall 1st place winners will additionally receive cash prizes and merchandise from our sponsors and their name posted on the traveling Utah State Triathlon Championship Series Trophy, which will travel to every TriUtah race, camp, clinic, etc.
Overall & Age Group winners will receive awards 1st – 3rd place, including an exclusive USTC Series souvenir triathlon gear bag filled with gear and goodies from our sponsors.
Banquet Tickets – each athlete will receive one (1) ticket for the awards banquet. Additional banquet tickets are available for $20 at time of registration. Banquet tickets must be purchased no later than September 1st, 2014.