Welcome to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series!
The Utah State Triathlon Championship Series (USTC) is a triathlon racing series designed to encourage healthy competition, promote youth athletes, and determine who Utah’s best triathletes are, while encouraging all athletes, young and old, novice and experienced, to come and enjoy the highest quality races at the best venues in the great State of Utah. We’ve simplified the qualification process by eliminating the points system. Simply race in two (2) TriUtah events throughout the year and you are qualified to participate in the Championship Race held in Huntsville, Utah.
Individual Championship Series:
Every time you participate in a TriUtah Triathlon (excluding Woman of Steel), you will earn the opportunity to be crowned age group champion or overall champion at the State Championship. Simply compete in two TriUtah events and you are qualified to race in the Championship.
Why race in the championship? Because in 2015, the championship qualifiers will receive amazing prizes and merchandise.
Overall male and female champions will receive prize money. See event site for details.
Division Champions will receive merchandise from our sponsors.
Club Championships Series:
We are also offering a club championship. This is simply a participatory championship. Those clubs with the most participants throughout the year will receive the Club Championship Trophy. The 2014 Club champions were Desert Sharks / Bike for Kids team.
Basic Rules to the Utah State Triathlon Championship Series
- To qualify to reach the podium at the USTC Series, you must compete in at least 3 of the race series events at ANY (2 season races, plus the championship). Qualifiing races are:
- Ghost Town Spring Triathlon
- Woman of Steel
- Echo Triathlon
- East Canyon Triathlon
- Jordanelle Triathlon
- NEW Super Sprint
- Utah State Triathlon Championships
- Anyone can participate in the Utah State Triathlon Championship in Ogden, Utah. However, if you do not complete the qualifying process by participating in at least two (2) series events prior to the championship race, you will not be eligible for the podium or rankings.
- The USTC series of events consist of 1) Endurance distance 1.5 mile swim, 48 mile bike, 10 mile run 2) Intermediate distance (1 mile swim, 33 mile bike, 6 mile run, and 3) Sprint distance- 800 yard swim, 18 mile bike, 3 mile run
- Overall 1st thru 5th place are NOT eligible for age-group championships.
What to expect at the championship race!
Every participant will receive:
- a sweet USTC series T-shirt
- finisher medal
- catered BBQ from Huntsville BBQ company
- loads of amazing gifts from our partners
Overall Winners will receive award plaques & merchandise 1 -10th place
Overall 1st through 3rd place will receive Cash awards.
Age Group winners will receive award plaques 1st – 5th place.